Cline Hose & Hydraulics
We opened our doors in 1948. N.Q. Cline Sr., our founder, started the business to provide hose assemblies and service to automotive and industrial customers. He worked out of a small house on Atwood Street in downtown Greenville, assembling hoses inside and using the front porch as a loading dock.
In 1950, as hydraulics began to replace wire cables and winches on bulldozers and front-end loaders, Cline Hose & Hydraulics became distributors for the leading hose, fitting, adapter and coupling OEMs. As industries went metric, Cline followed suit, while adding a flexible metal hose assembly facility for welding and fabrication.
Today, Cline has expanded, adding cylinder repair, pump repair and cooling systems to its hydraulics portfolio. N.Q. Cline’s grandsons, Scott and Glenn Cline, own and operate the business. Their father, N.Q. Cline Jr., remains involved with Cline as a consultant.
Cline opened its second retail service center opened in January 2018, in Augusta Georgia.